The Taynor Greenhouse was first opened in 1908 by Charlie and Russell Taynor. It was located on the west side of Lake Road about 100 feet south of Kendig Road. They sold all types of flowers including geraniums, pansies, peonies as well as vegetable plants from their place of business and at the market in Springfield. They also took care of the urns as New Carlisle Cemetery. The business remained open until 1958.