Here is a photo from 1936 of the SOHIO station that was located at the south side of town. The station stood on the south edge of Henslee Park. Frank and Edna Cable and their son Aaron operated the station into the 1940’s. It later became a junkyard and dumping area. In the 1970’s the city purchase the land and had it landscaped.
The park was dedicated to former Police Chief Gordon Henslee that served faithfully as chief from 1932 to 1961.