Wolfe Filling Station

Wolfe Station

The photo the right is of the Wolfe filling station that was located at intersection of Main and Church Street at 331 S. Main Street.

The Wolfe station was ran by Luther and Florence Wolfe. The Wolfe family purchased the property on August 19, 1925 from Nannie Cory. The stationed open up on Saturday September 12. In the September 19, 1925 edition of the New Carlisle-Sun, the paper described the new station as a pressed brick edifice and an attractive addition to the south side of town.

In the 1930’s the station was named Linco. Luther and Florence Wolfe continued to operate the business until September of 1948, when Luther passed away. Florence continued to run the business for several years later. Today, Dominos Pizza now operates in the location.

Local News
Stories on people, places, events and businesses right here in Western Clark County.
Local Government
Meetings and news from local Boards of Education, Township Trustees and County Commissioners.
Sports
Arrows, Bees & Warriors; we cover all local high school sports, as well as local semi-pro and adult leagues