Clark County Sheriff’s Deputies captured a suspect believed to be Jonathan Rockey on Friday morning at Richie’s Sunoco on Lower Valley Pike at Gerlaugh Rd.

Rockey led Springfield Police, Clark County Sheriff Deputies and Ohio State Patrol troopers on a chase from Springfield to Spangler Rd. near Union Rd. Thursday evening. He left his vehicle in a field and fled on foot.

“The manager saw him walking down the road,” said Jamie Crowley, an employee at Richie’s. “I knew there was a guy on the loose from what I saw on the New Carlisle News website last night.”

She said the suspect came into the store to buy cigarettes. “He smelled like smoke – like he had been out in the woods all night.”

Crowley said that the suspect then left the store and asked a gas customer for a ride to Rancher’s. “I’m glad he didn’t get in her car,” she said.

“The next thing I knew, the deputies arrived and had him on the ground with their guns drawn,” said Crowley.

Sources tell us that they are 99% sure the suspect is Jonathan Rockey.

First Group 2x2
First Group 2x2
Local News

Stories on people, places, events and businesses right here in Western Clark County.

Local Government

Meetings and news from local Boards of Education, Township Trustees and County Commissioners.

Sports

Arrows, Bees & Warriors; we cover all local high school sports, as well as local semi-pro and adult leagues